Vacation awaits at the Newcastle Library
January 13, 2014
By Newcastle Library staff
NEW — 10:30 a.m. Jan. 13, 2014
*In a new, quarterly feature, the staff of the Newcastle Library will educate readers about all that the local library offers and more. Contact the staff at email@example.com with questions.*
Once upon a time, you dreamed of taking that Hawaiian vacation in the middle of February. Alas, you had no extra money to fund your sun-seeking trip. How do all those other February travelers save up enough money? Look no further than your local library to help you save toward that goal!
We researched the spending habits of average Americans and found people spend quite a lot on items you can get from your library for free. Let us tantalize you with a few examples of how we can help put money back in your pocket.
Hopefully you are aware of the tremendous variety of books, DVDs and music in our library, but do you know what we offer online? From the comfort of your home, office or anywhere in the world, you can access www.kcls.org using your computer, smartphone or tablet and your library card. From there you can:
- Read popular magazines, like Consumer Reports, Forbes, Parenting, Rolling Stone, Saveur and hundreds more titles to suit all tastes.
- Find bestselling eBooks and audiobooks for adults, teens and kids — more than 40,000 titles and growing!
- Get free passes from the Bellevue Arts Museum, KidsQuest Children’s Museum and the Washington State History Museum.
- Access tutoring and practice tests for AP, SAT, ACT, ASVAB, GED, GRE and more.
- Learn from the Microsoft IT Academy, Mango Languages or Universal Class.
- Research investments or companies via Value Line, Morningstar and other business databases.
- Don’t feel left out if your technology skills aren’t up to par. The library offers free one-on-one computer help, eBook assistance and one-on-one appointments with a librarian.
Your Newcastle Library isn’t just a beautiful building at the heart of the community, but we’re also a veritable technological cornucopia online. We absolutely still love shelving our books, seeing kids at story times and welcoming patrons that walk through our doors every day, but if you haven’t visited a library branch in a while, you can still benefit from our wonderful resources.
Come visit us at the library, look for us in the community in the bright red Library2Go van or visit us online and see how we can help you save for your next great vacation. Don’t forget to check out our free travel guides. Then, when you’re traveling, we hope you’ll send us a postcard or drop by afterward with a box of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts. You’re welcome, Newcastle. We’re here for you.