Newcastle fire displaces four

November 29, 2013

NEW — 1:35 p.m. Nov. 29, 2013

A residential fire in Newcastle caused about $80,000 worth of damage and displaced four people in the early morning hours of Nov. 28.

The Bellevue Fire Department arrived in less than four minutes to find fire extending from the outside of the single family residence in the 7000 block of 123 Avenue Southeast into the attic.

After confirming the family was safely out of the residence, crews began an exterior attack on the flames, working to bring the fire under control in less than 30 minutes. There were no injuries to the family or firefighters.

The fire appeared to have started on the exterior of the garage and extended into the attic space above the living area. Although smoke and heat damage to the living area was minimal, there was extensive fire damage to the attic and exterior garage wall. Read more