Small fire causes $6,000 in damage

June 12, 2013

By Staff

best online viagra forum viagra

NEW — 8:40 p.m. June 12, 2013

Just two days after a kitchen fire caused $200,000 in damage, displacing four people, firefighters were called out to Newcastle again to respond to a separate incident.

At 3:45 a.m. June 12, firefighters responded to a reported porch fire at a home in the 12600 block of Southeast 75th Place, according to a release from the Bellevue Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived on scene within minutes and extinguished a small exterior fire. The fire had started in a wastebasket near the rear corner of the home.

According to the homeowner, the fire spread to the exterior of the home and damaged the porch area before it was stopped, the release said. Contents inside the house had some smoke damage.

It took six firefighters less than 20 minutes to bring the fire under control.

There were no injuries and the family was able to reoccupy the home. Damage to the structure was estimated at $6,000.

Bookmark and Share


Got something to say?

Before you comment, please note:

  • These comments are moderated.
  • Comments should be relevant to the topic at hand and contribute to its discussion.
  • Personal attacks and/or excessive profanity will not be tolerated and such comments will not be approved.
  • This is not your personal chat room or forum, so please stay on topic.