Small fire causes $6,000 in damage

June 12, 2013

NEW — 8:40 p.m. June 12, 2013

Just two days after a kitchen fire caused $200,000 in damage, displacing four people, firefighters were called out to Newcastle again to respond to a separate incident.

At 3:45 a.m. June 12, firefighters responded to a reported porch fire at a home in the 12600 block of Southeast 75th Place, according to a release from the Bellevue Fire Department.

Firefighters arrived on scene within minutes and extinguished a small exterior fire. The fire had started in a wastebasket near the rear corner of the home.

According to the homeowner, the fire spread to the exterior of the home and damaged the porch area before it was stopped, the release said. Contents inside the house had some smoke damage. Read more