Four people displaced by Newcastle kitchen fire

June 11, 2013

NEW — 1:10 p.m. June 11, 2013

A residential fire in Newcastle caused about $200,000 worth of damage and displaced four people the evening of June 10.

The Bellevue Fire Department arrived to find heavy flames and smoke coming from the kitchen area of a home in the 8800 block of 122nd Court Southeast.

The fire was first reported at 7:33 p.m. and was determined “under control” at 7:52 p.m. Crews used a quick and aggressive attack to extinguish the fire, according to a release.

One occupant was asleep inside the home, but a neighbor quickly came to awake and steer the person clear of harm. The owner was not home at the time of the fire, but arrived after it had been extinguished. Read more