Rotary clubs honor students of the month
December 6, 2012
Rotary Club of Renton names student of the month
Anna Diss, a senior a Hazen High School, was selected as a Renton Rotary Club Youth of the Month for November.
She maintains a 3.9 grade point average and has been involved with the construction of the yearbook, National Honor Society, Gordy Guides and the swim team.
Diss has received a scholar athlete honor, the Hazen Achievement Award, the Presidential Service Award and the Outstanding Junior Award.
She works part time at the Lakeridge Swim Club and volunteers with Camp Fire USA.
Diss plans to attend a four-year college and major in the science field.
Rotary Club of Issaquah honors Liberty students
The Rotary Club of Issaquah recently honored the following seniors as students of the month for October:
- Category of recognition: science
- Parents: Sarbjlt and Gurjlt Basi
- Sponsoring teacher: Erin Stephens
- Scholastic achievements: National Advanced Placement scholar, 5 on Advanced Placement biology, AP U.S. history, AP language and composition
- Activities: more than 400 hours of volunteer service, National Honor Society member
- Scholastic interest: biology, psychology
- Hobbies: reading, volunteering
- Outside school affiliations: Puget Sound Blood Center volunteer, Watershed Report leadership team
- Education goals: four-year university, and then graduate school to earn an M.D.
- Occupation/career: physician
- Category of recognition: math
- Parents: Aaron Shaw, Jeri Bernstein
- Scholastic achievements: National Merit Scholar, National Honor Society, 800 math SAT
- Athletic honors: cross country captain, lettered in wrestling every year
- Scholastic interest: The Patriot Press’ The Beat editor, violinist in orchestra (four years)
- Hobbies: varsity cross country and wrestling
- Education goals: attend four-year college (MIT or University of Washington) to obtain engineering degree
- Occupation/career: aerospace or mechanical engineering